Software Engineer – Mid & Senior Software Engineer, Mid & Senior Level – Mid & Senior – Mid & Senior
Senga is a technology-enabled logistics start-up based in Nairobi, Kenya. Senga is transforming the logistics experience for African businesses with its proven Ship HappyTM experience. We are looking for a smart software engineer interested in building beautiful, transformational technology, to join our team.
About the role
Roles and responsibilities
- Build multi-platform applications for Android and iOS using the Flutter development framework.
- Develop software using our development stack; give input into its evolution. We use Ruby on Rails, Flutter and ReactJS.
- Deliver the web platform used by our Shippers, Transporters and Senga administrative staff. Be a major contributor to the Agile Software Methodology in use at Senga.
- Develop and maintain high throughput API’s that will serve different components of the application.
- Work cross-functionally with other team members and stake holders to design and implement Senga’s web and mobile applications
Desired skills and experience
- You must have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a similar program (no exceptions)
- You must have a minimum of three years of post-university experience writing and shipping software (we are considering multiple levels). Entry-level candidates who topped their university classes will be given an experience exception
- You must have a track record of high performance
- You must have experience designing, developing, testing, maintaining, and deploying software in the Flutter framework and Dart language for Android and iOS
- You are experienced with developing user interface components and implementing them by following well-known Flutter / Dart workflows and practices
- You are comfortable with system architecture and component design and are able to use design patterns. Having experience with a cloud platform is a plus.
- You are familiar with the Ruby on Rails, RSpec testing framework, OpenAPI specifications, ReactJs and Git
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our application by collaboration during requirements definition, designing, coding, testing and deployment. You have experience using development frameworks, relational databases, different virtualization platforms.
- Participate with operations and business teams to define plans for scaling, enhancing and standardizing Senga’s products
- Have experience in building data-driven applications and understand the need for instrumentation
- Demonstrate success at having been able to deliver products at scale individually or as part of a team. You get things done
- Document proposed solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Be able to operate in an agile, fluid and ambiguous environment wearing ‘multiple hats’
- You are a great collaborator and recognize that startups are team oriented, and that each team member contributes tangibly to the future of the company
- You are able to speak your mind and listen to others, too
How to apply
Do you live to code, want to join a growing startup working on challenging problems, and be part of a team building something from the ground up? Does what we describe below sound like you? If it does, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.